Pulusu pindi is a Popular Recipe in Vysyas Cuisine. This recipe is made with rice and tamarind. This recipe is one of the favourite recipe to my family members. Taste of this upma is so distinct, and this upma has tanginess,mild sweetness and savoury.
Raw Rice- 1/2 cup.
idli rice - 1/2 cup
Red Chillies - 6.
tamarind - small lemon size ball.
jaggery - 1 tbsp.
coconut - 1/2 cup.
salt - for taste.
oil - to fry.(1 tbsp)
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp.
channa dal - 1tbsp.
urad dal - 2 tsp.
- Soak the rice for 4 - 5 hrs or overnight.
- soak the tamarind in water to extract the juice before making pulusu pindi.
- To the Soaked Rice add redchillies,coconut,salt and ground it into a little coarse batter with needed water.
- Then add jaggery, tamarind juice with it and mix well.
- when upma is not sticky to mouth, it was done.
- consistency of batter should be like dosa batter consistency.
- you could add tamarind while grinding the batter.
- cook in medium flame.
- cook till it is not sticky to mouth.