Thakkali Masal is a authentic gravy. It serves as a very good combination for Dosa,Chapathi,idli and Appam.It is a multipurpose gravy.This is a Easy and simple recipe.This recipe is prepared at jiffy.Tomatoes are powerful blood purifiers. They have anti oxidant properties as they are high sources of vitamin C and vitamin A. Now we learn how to make simple tomato Masala Gravy.Ingredients
Onion - 2 ( big).[chopped]
Tomato - 2.[chopped]
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp.
curry leaves - 5.
cilantro - 1 tbsp.
oil- to fry.
Roasted Channa Dal - 2 tbsp.
Red Chillies - 5 - 6.
Coriander seeds - 1+ 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp.
salt - needed.
coconut - 3 tbsp.
Grind everything in a blender or mixie, as such with little water into a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil , add Mustard seeds when it crackle add onions, add curry leaves saute well till onions turns golden brown colour,add tomatoes,saute well till tomatoes are mushy.
- Then add this ground paste and add needed water according to consistency. stir well.
- Allow it to boil for 10 to 15 min, till the raw smell goes,and comes in the form of gravy.
- Finally garnish with fresh cilantro.
- it Goes very well with chapati,roti,idli, Appam, and dosa.