Puli upma is a distinct upma recipe flavoured with three tastes. tanginess from tamarind, mild sweetness from jaggery and spice&flavours from red chillies and peanuts. All these ingredients makes the upma a unique taste. simple recipe, easy to make at busy mornings.Bachelors can try this simple recipe. This is an authentic recipe, make at our homes.
Rice Rava - 1 cup. [1:3+1/2 ]
water - 3 cup.
tamarind - big amla size
jaggery - 1 tsp.
Red chillies - 5.
salt - to taste.
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp.
channa dal - 2 tsp.
urad dal - 1 tsp.
oil -to fry.
curry leaves - 1 sprig.
- Soak the Rice Rava for one hour in water.
- soak the tamarind in 1/2 cup of water, for minimum half an hour, then squeeze the tamarind, retain the juice and throw the pulp.
- Roast the peanuts and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil add mustard seeds ,when it start spluttering add chana dal,urad, red chillies, curry leaves, peanuts. saute till dal's turn golden brown colour.
- Then add 3 cups of water, and 1/2 cup of tamarind water.