Dahi upma(curd upma) is made with raw rice and Sour curd. It is a simple break fast recipe. This is an authentic vysyas recipe. Rice with Curd ,which gives tangy taste to upma, makes the upma so tasty. Whenever we have left over sour curd, i will ask my grand mother to make this upma. it takes some time to stir. but taste will be awesome.
- Soak Raw Rice for 4 hrs or overnight.
- Soak seperately, 1 tbsp of chanadal with needed water for 2 hrs, till dal is soft.(optional).
- To the Soaked Rice, add Green chillies,coconut,salt and grind the content by adding curd little by little to prepare the batter. The consistency should be moderate,Not too thinner or thicker.
- Add the soaked chana dal to the batter and mix well.
- Heat the oil add mustard seeds , when it crackles,add urad dal, then add curry leaves.
- When dal's, turns golden brown colour, add the batter.
- Stir the batter,now and then till it is well cooked and comes in the form of upma consistency, as shown in the picture.Cook in medium low flame.
- Dough should be cooked until ,it is is not sticky to mouth.it takes nearly 25 minutes to cook with medium low cooking .Then serve hot.