Kara dosa is a popular vysyas Recipes. it is made with rice, toor dal and some spices. As soon as you make the batter, you can prepare the dosa.
Raw Rice - 1 cup.
Toor Dal- 1/2 cup.
cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp.
pepper seeds - 1+ 1/2 tsp.[35 to 40 in number]
curry leaves - 1 sprig.
tamarind - small lemon size.
hing -1/8 tsp.
Red chillies - 7.
coconut - 1/2 cup.(optional)
salt - for taste.
Soak Raw Rice and Toor dal together for overnight or 5 to 6 hrs.
- To the soaked Raw Rice and Toor dal add cumin seeds,pepperseeds,curryleaves,tamarind,hing,Red chillies and coconut(optional) and salt.
- Add the contents to the blender and grind it with needed water.(Grind the contents like Sooji ).
- As soon as you prepare the batter start preparing dosa's. fermentation is not necessary.
- Consistency of batter should be moderate not too thicker or thinner, as shown in the picture.
- Heat the tawa, when it is hot, take the ladle of dosa and spread it outside, then fill inner gaps if any. (Spread the dosa like we make rava dosa). drizzle some oil.
- When it is cooked on one side,dosa turns crisp at the edges, now flip the dosa, when both sides are cooked remove from tawa and serve hot
Note : If you have drumstick leaves chop and add the leaves to the batter, it will be more delicious and nutritious.