Pudina Chutney is a Popular Chutney Recipe made with fresh Mint leaves & dal. This Chutney Goes well with idli,dosa, vada,rice & spread inside Sandwitches. Mint is a great appetizer or palate cleanser, and it promotes digestion. It also soothes stomachs in cases of indigestion or inflammation. The aroma of the herb activates the salivary glands,which secrete digestive enzymes, thereby facilitating digestion.Mint leaves are packed with nutrients such as calcium, phosphorous, vitamin C, D, E and small amounts of vitamin B complex. All these compounds put together improves the body’s immune system.Now we will learn the preparation of Mint Chutney.
- Dry Roast Chanadal & urad dal with tamarind piece in a Medium low flame until it turns Golden brown colour.
- Then Remove it from kadai, In same kadai add a tsp of oil, add cumin seeds, when it sizzles, add Green chillies.
- When Chillies turns its colour, add Mint leaves, Saute till the leaves Wilt(shrinks). Then grind everything first with salt.
- Then add needed water & grind into a smooth paste or little coarse paste , according to your preference to get chutney Consistency.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dal. When dal turns Golden brown colour, add hing & switch off the flame. Pour the tempering over the chutney.Now Pudina chutney is Ready to Serve.
- Adding Tamarind Gives Tangy taste to chutney.
- While frying dals, cook in medium low flame, else dals turns black.
- Instead of Green chillies, you can use Red chillies also, but Red chillies turns the colour of Chutney.
- you can add 1/2 inch Ginger while Grinding, for Extra taste.