Pittu is an Authentic Vysyas delicacy, made with chanadal & Moong dal. It is a special recipe made when guest arrives home. This upma is made only with dals, so it is packed with high content of fiber & proteins. so it is fiber & protein Rich upma.
- Grind the soaked dal with salt to a coarse paste, with little water.The consistency be like idli batter consistency. Then transfer it to Greased plate or tray & steam cook it for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile Grind Green chillies & salt to a paste.
- When it completely cools down, crumble it. Add Green chillies paste & squeezed lemon to it & give a mix.
- Now heat the kadai, add mustard seeds when it splutters add chanadal, urad dal, curry leaves, when dals turns golden brown, add 1/4 cup of water, when water starts boiling add this crumbled idli's , add salt(adjust salt) & give a mix.
- Always Grind the batter coarsely.
- if you find difficulty in crumbling the idli's, pulse it in a mixie.
- you can grind both the dal's in equal ratio also.
- you can have pickles or onions as sides.