Dal Makhani is a Nutritious Creamy Gravy made with Whole Urad dal, Rajma, butter,cream as main Ingredient.It is a very Popular Punjabi dish Goes well with Chapathi,Roti's,Phulka's,Kulcha's,Jeera Rice, plain Rice & Pulao. This dal is packed with richest sources of proteins for vegetarians. This dal is also good for women as it has iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, potassium which makes it a healthy pulse.Rajma also has fibre and protein content as it is full of antioxidants too.Today we will learn about healthy nutritious Punjabi side dish.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter + 1 tbsp of oil, add cumin seeds, cinnamon,cloves,Cardomom,Bayleaf. Saute till you get nice smell from spices. Then add finely chopped onions & Ginger Garlic Paste, saute till onions turns Golden brown colour.
- Then add finely chopped tomatoes, add all spice powders chilli powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric Powder,Cumin Powder coriander Powder & salt.Saute till tomatoes turns mushy.Meanwhile Mash the dals well with potato masher or ladle.
- Then add cooked urad dal & Red Rajma along with Stock. Add needed water, according to the consistency.
- Cook in simmer mode for 15 - 20 minutes, till it gets Gravy consitency.Then add butter, mix well.Finally add fresh cream, give a quick mix & switch off the flame. Garnish with fresh cilantro.Decorate with fresh Cream.
- Always choose Red Rajma, which cooks faster than deep reddish colour Rajma.
- Gravy tastes Good, if you cook in sim mode for longer time.
- Instead of fresh cream, you can add whole Milk.
- Adding coriander Powder & cumin powder gives nice flavour to the Gravy.