Paneer Quesadilla is made with Tortilla's or Chapathi or Parotta with Paneer Filling Inside. Quesadilla's are basically an mexican recipe, with Paneer filling is an Indian twist. In chicago, we used to dine in Flat Top Grill, whenever we go, we order this Paneer Quesadilla. They usually serve cripsy parotta's with Paneer filling inside. once we had, taste was divine.My husband is a big fan of this Quesadilla. He asked me try at home, So i tried to make at home & it came out well. So I wanted to share this Exotic recipe with you all. It is easy to make if you have frozen parotta's or tortilla's at home. you can also make with chapathi's too.
Just cook the tortilla's or Parotta in a tawa or griddle without adding any oil.
- Heat the oil in a kadai or Pan. When oil is hot add Garlic, saute till it turns light Golden brown colour.
- Add chopped onions saute till it turns pink. Add Capsicum saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato saute till it is light mushy.
- Add Chilli Powder,Cumin Powder,Turmeric Powder,Garam Masala & needed salt.Give a quick Mix.
- Add crumbled or Grated Paneer, mix well. Cook for 1- 2 minutes. Let it blend well with Masala.
- Finally Garnish with fresh finely chopped cilantro. Now filling is Ready.
- Heat the tawa, place Parotta, drizzle some oil evenly, then Spread Paneer filling , 2 tbsp of grated cheese, cover up with another Parotta. Cook in medium flame.
- when it turns crisp at bottom of parotta, flip it & cook another side by drizzling little oil, till it turns crisp. when both sides turns crisp & Golden brown, remove from tawa.
- cut the Quesadilla into half using a sharp knife, then again cut the wedges into further half, creating Pizza like slices. serve hot with Ketchup or Tomato Sauce.
- I used Parotta's to make Quesadilla.you can replace with Tortilla's or thick Chapathi's.
- Adding tomato gives mild tangy taste to Quesadilla.
- Garam Masala enhances the flavour of filling.
- if Tortilla's are large, place the filling at the corner of tortilla's & just fold it.
- Finally cook on both sides, till it turns crisp & golden for crispier Quesadilla's.
- Always serve Quesadilla's hot.