Moongdal Sambar is a healthy & Protein Rich Sambar Goes well with idli,Dosa & Pongal Recipe. It is prepared with Pesara Pappu or yellow Moongdal & little quantity of Toor dal. Yellow moong dal sambar is extremely light and easy to digest.Moongdal is good source of protein and dietary fiber.Moongdal is also rich in iron & pottasium. Today we will learn about comforting & protein rich sambar.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds splutters add cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds sizzles add curry leaves,Red chillies & Green chillies.
- When chillies turns the colour, add Pearl Onions.
- When onions turns Golden brown colour add tomatoes.
- Saute till tomatoes turns mushy. Then add sambar powder & hing. Give a Quick mix.
- Now add cooked dal & water. ( i have added around 2 cups of water). Sambar consistency should be thin, so adjust water accordingly.
- let it boil for few minutes, till it gets light sambar consistency.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- if you want to add veggies like carrots or potatoes, chop it & pressure cook it along with dal , or you can cook seperately & add before adding cooked dal .
- Consistency of sambar should be thin for tiffin sambar.
- Adjust the chillies according to your taste.
- It pairs well with idli,dosa, pongal & also with chapathi's.