Lemon Oats is a healthy breakfast recipe, made with Oats & Lemon. Lemon adds more flavour to this oats recipe. Tangy lemon & crunchy peanuts gives extra taste to this Oats Pulihora.
Oatmeal & lemon is highly recommended for people who want to lose weight without going on any crash diets. oats & lemon are the best food for weight loss. Oats can also be a good source of antioxidants.Eating whole grains, such as oats, is good for post menopausal women with high cholesterol, high blood pressure or other signs of cardiovascular disease.Now we will learn to make Easy lemon oats Recipe.
Oats - 1/2 cup.
Lemon juice - from 1/2 lemon.
water - 1 cup.
turmeric - 1/8 tsp.
salt - as needed.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Chana dal - 1 tsp.
urad dal - 1 tsp.
curry leaves - 1 sprig.
Red chillies -2.
Roasted Peanuts - 1 tbsp.
Hing - a generous Pinch.
oil - to fry.
- Keep all the Tempering items Ready.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds when it splutters add chanadal,urad dal,Red chillies & curry leaves.
- When dal's turns golden brown colour, add Peanuts saute for a minute, then add turmeric powder & hing,give a quick mix.
- Add 1 cup of water.When water starts boiling, add salt. mix it.
- Now add oats, mix well.cook in a medium flame.
- when oats is cooked, and water was absorbed,switch off the flame, add lemon juice & give a quick mix.serve hot.
- Always serve lemon oats hot.
- Adding peanuts gives nice crunchy taste to the recipe.
- you can also add finely chopped carrots to this recipe, while sauteing.
- you can have this upma as such, or serve with Coconut chutey.
- Adjust the water quantity according to type of oats you use.