Curry leaves chutney is a healthy chutney recipe goes well with Idli,dosa, bonda,samosa,vadai or Pakoda. Also goes well with hot rice. I found lot of curry leaves inside the fridge, so i planned to make this chutney.curry leaves are a rich source of iron and folic acid.Curry leaves is known to help improve digestion and alter the way your body absorbs fat, thereby helping you lose weight. Since weight gain is one of the leading causes of diabetes, kadi patta treats the problem right at the root.Many research shows that curry leaves have properties that can help in lowering one's blood cholesterol levels.
Curry leaves - 1 Cup. (Tightly Packed)
Garlic - 2.
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Red chillies - 2.
Green chillies - 1.
Salt - As per taste.
tamarind - small piece.
Coconut - 1/4 cup.(Grated).
Roasted Peanuts - 2 tbsp.
oil - to fry.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Wash the curry leaves and keep it aside
- Heat the oil,add cumin seeds, when cumin seeds sizzles add Garlic.
- Saute Garlic till it turns golden brown.then add Green chillies,red chillies, when it turns golden brown, add curry leaves.
- Saute curry leaves for 3 - 4 minutes in a medium flame, then add tamarind. Saute for 1 minute, then switch off the flame.
- Add coconut & De- skinned Peanuts, mix will. Grind everything into a smooth paste, with required water and salt.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds.When it splutters Pour over the chutney.Now curry leaves chutney is ready.
- if you make chutney as a thick Paste, it stays for long time.
- It tastes Good, if you mix it with hot Rice.
- while adding Garlic, you can add 5 - 6 pearl onions also.
- Instead of Peanuts, you can add fried gram also.