Dal fry is a Popular North Indian Recipe, made with Lentils. It is a good accompaniment for Chapathi's,Roti's, Phulka's and Rice. Here i have used Masoor dal and Moong dal with some spices for making this fry more aromatic. As lentils are packed with proteins, which gives energy to us and also helps in Easy digestion.Masoor dal when blended with Moong dal and some spices, it tastes awesome.I learnt this recipe from my Neighbour Apoorva.It came out well. it is very Easy to make. you can have it for Roti's as well as Rice. Now we learn to make the Recipe.
- Chop the onions and keep aside.
- Crush the Garlic and keep aside.
- Pressure cook Masoor dal + Toor dal with 2 cups of water, till soft, for 3 whistles.Then Mash the dal with Potato Masher or ladle till it turns mushy.
- Heat the pan, add Ghee, then add cumin seeds, when it sizzles add crushed Garlic,add Green chilly when Garlic turns golden brown, add onions, saute onions,till it turns pink.
- Then add all spice powders(Chilli powder +Cumin Powder+ turmeric Powder + Garam masala), give a quick stir.
- Add Cooked dal and a cup of water. Then add salt. Mix well. Adjust water according to the consistency.
- Cook for 5 - 6 minutes, in a medium - low flame.Finally Garnish with Fresh Cilantro.
- It goes well with Chapathi, roti and Rice.