Ragi Mudde is a popular recipe, in the state of Karnataka.It is mainly popular with the rural folk of Karnataka.In Andhra it is called Ragi Sangati . In Tamil Nadu it is called Ragi Kali.Ragi is a powerhouse of health benefiting nutrients that help in reducing weight.The high amount of dietary fiber combines with water and keeps the stomach fuller for a longer period of time.Regular consumption of Ragi has been found to reduce the risk.Ragi mudde is regularly consumed with sambar,saaru and even butter milk.Now we learn to make Ragi Mudde.
- Take a Thick bottomed Vessel, Preferably Nonstick Kadai, add 2 cups of water, and needed salt.
- When water boiling add Ragi batter, that we prepared already. mix well.
- Stir continuously, till it is thick,well cooked and leaves the sides of kadai. cook in Medium low flame.Nearly it takes 12 - 15 to cook well.Then switch off the stove.close the lid, and allow it to cool completely.
- When it completely cools down, smear Ghee, in hands and make Balls. Now Ragi Mudde is ready. It Goes well with sambar or Saaru or butter Milk.
- Make thin Ragi batter, to get smooth Ragi Balls.
- Use Wooden spachula to mix easily.
- Make sure that you cook in Medium low flame.
- To Ensure that it is well cooked, Ragi Mudde should be sticky to your hands.
- Apply Ghee on the sides of small bowl and add this cooked Ragi Mudde and Rotate the bowl in clock wise direction, which automatically forms Round Smooth balls.