Karivepaku Podumu/Podi Goes well with hot rice, with a dollop of Ghee.it also goes well with idli, dosa and uttapam's. We usually add sesame oil, with this podi. Health benefits of curry leaves are more. It Protects your liver from damage.Keeps your blood sugar levels under check,fights diabetes.Lowers cholesterol and protects you from heart disease.It is great to stop hair fall, premature greying of the hair and accelerate hair growth.Now we learn to make healthy and spicy curry leaves powder.
Wash the curry leaves, and drain it in a colander. Then spread the washed curry leaves in cloth at shade, and let it dry, till the moisture in it, goes off.
- Dry roast cumin seeds and pepper corns in a kadai, till you get nice aroma(Smell).
- Dry roast urad dal and chanadal, till you get nice aroma from the dal's, and also it lightly turns golden brown.
- Dry roast Red chillies for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Dry roast, curry leaves till it is crisp. if you crush in hands it should break.do not burn.
- Dry roast the tamarind, till the moisture in it goes off.
- Dry grind everything, in a mixie or blender to a fine Powder with required salt.
- Store it in a air tight container.