Nuvvula Laddu(sesame seeds laddu) is made with sesame seeds and jaggery. it is a quick and easy authentic and popular recipe in India. This is a simple recipe made on Nagula Chavati and vinayaga chavithi occasions.
Sesame seeds are rich in dietary proteins and very good quality of amino acids that are essential for the growth of bones in children. Just 100 g of the seed gives approximately eighteen grams of proteins. This combination is great for the uptake and use of proteins and amino acids by the child’s body, helping them grow stronger and better.Due to the zinc and calcium present in sesame seeds, they are great in preventing osteoporosis.Now we learn to make healthy,tasty and Easy Laddu's.
White Sesame seeds - 1 cup.
Jaggery - 1/2 cup.(grated)
Dry Roast the sesame seeds in a kadai or a pan, till you get a good aroma(Smell) and it lightly turns golden brown colour.Allow it to cool completely.
- Grind sesame seeds in a mixie, or a blender into a coarse powder.Then add jaggery.
- Run the mixie for few seconds, till both are well combined.
- Then hold the tight balls. Then store it in a airtight container.
- you can use white sesame seeds or black sesame seeds, to make this ladoo.
- Dry roasting sesame seeds are optional, but i personally prefer to dry roast it.
- it is not necessary to add oil, or ghee, sesame seeds itself has oil. so it is easy to hold the balls.