Rava kesari is an Easy Indian sweet Recipe made with Rava,sugar and Ghee with some coloring agent. It is prepared during Many festivals at Indian homes.It is also offered as prasadam in a temple. It is a simple and quick dessert. It is also called Semolina Pudding.When the Guest arrives,you can make this sweet in no time. Ingredients for this sweet will be handy in home. Now let us learn the method.
Dry roast the rava, till you get nice aroma from it, and transfer the mixture to a plate.
- Take a thick bottomed kadai, add cashews, saute till it turns golden colour then keep it aside.
- In a same kadai add water and kesari powder, stir well.
- When water starts boiling add Rava and stir well continuously.Take care no lumps are formed.It takes 3 - 4 minutes to cook on medium flame.
- When rava is almost cooked, add sugar, rava will get loosen.Then add ghee little by little till it leaves the sides of kadai.
- Finally Garnish with Cashews.
- you can Garnish with raisins also.
- Instead of water,you could add equal amount of milk and water.
- Don't compromise Ghee.Adding Ghee gives more taste to kesari.
- If you want deep color, add some more pinches of kesari powder.
- you can smear the ghee in a plate, and spread the kesari, when it is warm, draw the lines with the knife, and serve.