Donkaya Chutney(Tindora chutney) goes very well with Idli,dosa and rice.Health benefits of Tidora includes it is rich in Vitamin C, which helps in strengthening your bones and improving your body structure. It also has plenty of Vitamin B1 and B2, as also trace quantities of Vitamin A. All these vitamins are vital for the human body, and help in strengthening your immune system, and thus keep away diseases.
- Heat the oil in kadai, add chopped tindora and saute well till it turns golden brown and you get wrinkles in tindora.Then remove the tindora from the kadai.
- In same kadai,heat the oil, add pearl onions saute till it turns pink, add chopped tomatoes,red chillies & salt saute till tomatoes turns mushy.
- Now switch off the stove.
- Grind sauted items, cooked tindora,tamarind to gether with needed water, into a little coarse paste.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dal, when it turns golden brown colour, add hing,give a quick mix & pour over a chutney.
- Slice the tindora to thin roundels for faster Cooking.
- Tindora should turns Golden brown & also it should be cooked well for Good taste.
- It Goes well with idli, dosa & rice.