This pattani kurma(pattani korma) goes very well with chapathi,rice,roti,dosa and appam. Dried peas, a small but nutritionally mighty member of the legume family, are a very good source of cholesterol-lowering fiber. Not only can dried peas help lower cholesterol, they are also of special benefit in managing blood-sugar disorders since their high fiber content prevents blood sugar levels from rising rapidly after a meal. Now we prepare Green peas kurma.
Dried Green peas - 1 cup.
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp.
cinnamon sticks - small piece 1.
cloves - 2.
onion - 2.
tomato - 1.
chilli powder - 1 tsp.
coriander powder - 1/2 tsp.
oil - to fry.
salt - to taste.
turmeric - 1/8 tsp.
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp.
coconut - 3 tbsp.
- Boil green peas for 8 to 10 whistles.[Boiled green peas should be soft,so that it incorporate well].
- Grind coconut,fennel seeds, into a smooth paste with needed water.
- Heat the oil in a kadai,add cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardomom saute till gets nice smell.
- Add chopped onions and ginger garlic paste, saute till onions turns golden brown, then add tomatoes, chilli powder,turmeric,coriander powder, and salt.saute till tomatoes turns mushy.
- Add boiled green peas with needed water. stir well.
- When it starts boiling, add ground paste.Allow it to boil for few minutes.[10-12 min],till everything combines and comes in the form of Gravy consistency.
- Now spicy Pattani kurma is ready.It goes very well with chapathi,roti, rice and mild pulao's.
Cauliflower korma ,
chick peas korma - kadalai korma