Atukulu gunta ponganalu(Avalakki paddu) is a different type of kara paniyaram prepared with poha.It is prepared with poha,urad dal and raw rice. It is easy to prepare and delicious to eat.Poha is called as riceflakes or flatted rice which is rich in fibers, iron. Poha is one of healthy foods. You can have during on diet.Now we prepare poha paniyaram.
Raw rice - 2 cup.
poha - 1/2 cup.
urad dal - 1/4 cup.
fenugreek seeds - 2 tsp.
green chillies - 7.
salt - for taste.
oil - to fry.
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
chana dal - 3 tsp.
chopped onion - 2.
curry leaves -10.
- Soak raw rice, in a water for 4 to 5 hrs.
- Soak urad dal, riceflakes/aval,fenu greek seeds together in a seperate container for 4 to 5 hrs.
- Grind raw rice,urad dal,rice flakes/aval,fenugreek seeds,green chillies salt together with a needed water to moderate consistency.
- Now the batter is ready.Allow it to ferment for 10 to 12 hrs or over night.
- Now heat the oil add mustard seeds,when it splutters add chana dal, when it turns golden brown add curry leaves,add onion saute well till it turns golden brown.
- Add this sauted contents to batter.
- Stir well.
- Heat a paniyaram pan when it get heated add 1/4 tsp oil in each hole of a pan.Then take a ladle of batter and pour it on each hole.
- When you get holes in a paniyaram , it got cooked , so now you can flip a paniyaram, when it turns golden brown remove it from a kadai.(To flip you can also use spoon or knife).
- Repeat this process for all the cycles.
- It serves very well with coconut chutney and idli podi.