Bonda is one of the favourite snack in southern parts of India.From smaller street side stalls to bigger shops,bonda's are sold.Hot bonda with cold winter will be a perfect choice.We can easily prepare with available ingredients.It wont take much time to prepare.Whenever you think you can prepare it immediately.This is a very quick snack.
Rice flour - 1/2 cup.
Besan flour/gram flour - 1/2 cup.
Idli/dosa batter - 1/2 ladle.
onion - 1.[chopped]
red chilli powder - 1 tsp.
salt - for taste.
baking soda - 1 pinch.
chana dal - 11/2 tsp. [optional].
curry leaves - 10.
coriander leaves - 1 tbsp.
Soak the chana dal for 2 to 3 hrs in water. [optional].
cut the onions length wise.
- Combine rice flour,besan flour,idli/dosa batter,onion,soaked chana dal,chilli powder,salt,baking soda,chopped curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves with needed water in the form of thick batter with dropping consistency.
- [Note if the batter is thick bonda will be hard, if batter is watery it will absorb more oil. See the picture below for more clarity].
- Heat the oil in a kadai, when it is hot, sim the stove.Make a round balls and put the balls in the oil.
- Deep fry the balls until you get golden brown colour in all sides of bonda.
- Now place the bonda in absorbent paper.
- Side dish is not necessary for bonda, you can eat as such.
Note: In one cycle place limited balls in a oil, should not be over crowded.Note that balls should be completely immersed in oil.