Chanadal Chutney is a Popular South Indian Chutney Recipe.This Chutney is a Great Accompaniment for idli,dosa,Chapathi,Rava Idli, Mysore Masala Dosa,Neer dosa & Biyyam Rava Upma. Chana dal is called Kadle Bele in Kannada & Kadalai Paruppu in Tamil.This Chutney is a No onion & No Garlic Chutney.This Chutney is Easy to make & we will see the preparation of this Chutney.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a Pan, add chanadal,urad dal & Red Chillies.Saute till the dal's turn Golden Brown Colour. Cook in Medium Low flame.
- Then add Coconut, give a quick Mix.Switch off the flame.Coconut gets Cooked in a heat of the kadai.
- Grind everything into a smooth paste, with needed salt & water to get chutney Consistency.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dal,Red chillies,Hing & curry leaves.When dal turns Golden brown colour, switch off the flame & Immediately Pour the tempering over the chutney. Now the Chutney is Ready to serve.
- Adding Urad dal to the tempering gives crunchy taste to the chutney.
- you can also add Equal Proportion of Urad dal & Chanadal to make this chutney.
- you can add handful of coriander leaves while adding coconut & switch off the flame, both coconut & Coriander leaves gets cooked in heat of the Pan, then grind into a smooth paste.