Idli Milagai Podi is a great accomapaniment with idli, Dosa,Paniyaram(Gunta Ponganalu) & uttapam.This freshly ground Powder can be sprinked on top of crispy dosa, then it becomes Podi dosa & if you top it on thick uttapam it becomes podi Uttapam. you can try variations with dosa batter by using this Milagai Podi.My husband never eats Paniyaram & Uttapam without this Podi.I am not a big fan of Idli's.but with this idli Podi, i love to eat idli's. Idli Podi mixed with Sesame oil, coated on both the sides of idli's is Perfect for Lunch box or at travel.
- Dry Roast Urad dal & chana dal till it turns Golden brown colour & also it gives nice aroma, remove it from kadai.Add hing & salt with it & mix it.(hing & salt should be mixed with heat of the dal).
- In a same kadai add curry leaves & Red chillies saute till it turns crisp.
- When it cools down Completely, grind every thing into a coarse Powder.
- you can add 1 tbsp of sesame seeds & saute seperately till it crackles & it changes the colour , & grind it with other ingredients for extra flavour.
- Adjust the red chillies according to your spice level.
- While serving mix this Podi with sesame oil for Good taste.
- It Goes well with idli,dosa,Paniyaram & uttapam.
- Mix this podi with sesame oil & coat all over the idli's both the sides, & pack it for lunch box or travel.
- After making crispy dosa, drizzle some oil & sprinkle this podi all over the dosa, to make podi Dosa or make thick Uttapam & sprinkle this Podi on top of it , to make Podi Uttapam.