Capsicum Chutney is a healthy and tasty chutney recipes made with Capsicum as Main Ingredient.This chutney goes well with Chapathi,Dosa,idli & rice. It can also be used as sandwich spread.Health benefits of capsicum include,Capsicum has the capacity to prevent clotting of blood. Vitamin C in capsicum,plays a major role in dissolving blood clots.Capsaicin is found in the white membranes of Peppers,which kills the ulcer causing bacteria in the stomach and boosts immunity.Now we will learn to make capsicum chutney.
Roast the peanuts,till it turns crisp, then remove from kadai, and rub the skin & keep it aside.
chop onions,tomatoes & Ginger.
- Heat the oil, add cumin seeds, when it sizzles, add Chopped Ginger,Garlic &Red Chillies.Saute till Garlic turns light Golden brown colour.
- Add onions,saute till it turns golden brown, then add capsicum saute till it is soft.it may take nearly 5 minutes to cook.
- Add Tomatoes, & needed salt, saute till tomatoes turns mushy.
- Then add peanuts and chopped coriander leaves,give a quick mix and switch off the flame.
- when it cools down, grind it into a smooth paste,by drizzling water.
- Then heat the oil, add mustard seeds,when it splutters add curry leaves, saute for few seconds, and add hing & switch off the flame.Pour the tadka over chutney.
- Now capsicum chutney is ready to serve.
- Instead of Green capsicum you can use Red capsicum also.
- This chutney goes well with idli,dosa, chapathi & rice.
- Adjust Red chillies according to your spiciness.
- Adding Peanuts gives nice taste to chutney.