White Pasta is a creamy Italian Pasta Recipe. Pasta When blended with White Sauce tastes so yumm. Normally we make Pasta in Tomato Sauce, at home. when i went to barbecue hotel, i tasted white pasta, it tasted so yumm, then i became a big fan of white sauce pasta. it is very easy to make.Then when ever i planned to make pasta,i will make two varieties.once in tomato pasta and other one is white pasta. i will teach you how to make it. i used the pasta of type Penne to make this pasta.Penne is a versatile pasta for many applications because of its practical design. the hollow center and ridges allow it to hold sauce, while the angular ends act as scoops .For interesting Facts of pasta plz visit my link:Pasta facts.
How to cook Pasta
Take the water in wide vessel and bring it to rolling boil, then add Pasta, cook till pasta is soft and firm. stir now and then, to avoid pasta gets stick to vessel. Then drain it in a colander, and Pour cold water over it, to avoid it getting cooked further.
- Heat the kadai, add 2 tsp of oil, add chopped carrot suate it .when it is half done add capsicum, saute till veggie are cooked.Veggies should be soft but maintain its crunchiness.
- Then remove it from kadai, add butter, when it melted, add Maida saute for few seconds, then add 1/2 cup milk, sir continuously to avoid lumps.cook in low flame. Make sure it should not have any lump in it. When it comes to creamy consistency, add remaining milk.
- When the Milk starts boiling add chilli flakes & salt give a quick mix.Then add cooked pasta,veggies,pepper and oregano. Mix well, till is well blended with white sauce.
- Finally top with cheese and give a quick mix.switch off and serve hot.
- While cooking Pasta,make sure, it should be soft and firm.
- I used Penne Pasta, you could use Pasta of any type.
- I used Capsicum and carrot. you could also add corns & Mushrooms along with it.
- Make sure sauce does not have any lumps in it. whisk continuously to break lumps.
- if you don't have oregano handy,u can omit it.
- if you feel pasta is dry, you could add some more milk at last and give a quick mix.
- serve hot.
- Before serving if you feel pasta is dry, heat up the milk, add pasta and give a stir.