Potato chips is an crispy crunchy snack loved from kids to elders. My husband and my daughter are the big fan of potato chips. In coimbatore, A1 chips is famous for it. So whenever my parents comes to chennai, we ask them to get the chips. cruncy, yummy snack will be so good to munch. I was not aware about the procedure in making chips. but my MIL told it is easy to make, and she made it oneday. it came out so well, with crisp and crunchy. so i wanted to share the procedure with you all.
Potatoes - 1/2 kg or as needed.
oil - as needed.
salt - as needed.
chilli powder - as needed.
- Wash the potatoes, Peel the skin of potatoes, using peeler or knife, and slice it.
- In a mean time, take the wide vessel, and heat the water. when water is hot, switch off the stove, then add sliced potatoes.let the pototoes be immersed in hot water, for 5 minutes.Then drain it in a colander. This process is done to remove starch content from potatoes.
- Wipe the potatoes with another towel, then spread it in a towel for 10 - 13 minutes, till the moisture in it goes off.
- Heat the kadai, when oil is hot, drop few potato slices in batches, fry it, until it turns crisp and golden brown at both the sides. cook in medium flame. Drain it in a kitchen towel or snack towel, to remove excess oil.
- When potatoes are little hot, mix salt and chilli powder together and sprinkle on top of it.Now potato chips are ready. store it in a air tight container, when it cools down. it stays for a week.
- Use slicer to slice the potatoes to get even slices.
- Fry the potatoes using a medium flame.
- Adding chilli powder is optional.even if u omit,taste won't give up.