Omapodi is a simple and easy diwali recipe made with Besan flour,rice flour and ajwain.Diwali never ends without omapodi in our homes. it is also called sanna karapusa in Telugu. it takes very less time to cook in oil. it can be easily made with available ingredients in our home.This snack is very good to munch.Now we learn to make this recipe with step wise pictures.
Powder the ajwain and keep it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add besan flour, rice flour,ajwain,red chilli powder,turmeric,salt, and butter.
- Mix well. Then add water little by little to make a soft dough.
- In a meanwhile heat the oil.
- When oil is hot, place the required quantity of dough in murukku press(plate with small dotted hole, the plate we used to make idiyappam.).check the picture.
- Then press it in circular motion.cook in medium flame.
- Once it turns golden brown colour, then turn it. when it turns golden brown on both sides take it out and drain it in tissue paper.Normally it takes 1 minute to fry on each side.
- Store it in air tight container.it has a self life of 12- 15 days.
- Normally it takes one minute to cook on each side.ompodi cooks fast.
- if you are making large quantity divide the flour into equal portions to make the dough, else sev, will turn red.
- Make sure, that you powder the ajwain finely.
- Add water little by little to make a soft dough.
- When the oil is hot, place the small quantity of dough in a hot oil, when it pops out immediately, it is the right indication to fry.