Atukula Puhlihora is made with Poha and lemon or tamarind.It is also called Avalakki Chitranna in Karnataka.It is a Simple bachelor recipe, made in no time. Poha or rice flakes has the capacity to absorb lots of water when it is soaked and when cooked it leaves your stomach feeling full.It is rice and therefore mainly starch and provides carbohydrates, which are essential for the body.if you are trying to lose weight, then eating poha or rice flakes often would not be ideal. In India, Ayurveda medicine values the lemon as a fruit and for its properties. It is sour, warm, promoter of gastric fire, light, good for vision, pungent and astringent.Experiments have found the juice of lemons destroy the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid and other deadly diseases.Now we learn to make healthy lemon Aval.
- wash the poha two or three times, and drain the water completely and keep it aside for 10 - 15 minutes, till it becomes soft.
- Squeeze the lemons in a cup and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil,add mustard seeds when it Splutters add chana dal, urad dal, curry leaves, red chillies, Green chillies curry leaves Ginger, peanuts and turmeric .
- When dal's turns golden brown colour add Poha, and salt. saute for 2 minutes, till everything combines.
- Now switch off the flame, then add lemon juice, mix well. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Then serve hot.