Coriander chutney is made with cilantro, lentils,coconut and some Spices. It is a Good Accompaniment for idli, dosa and Rice. Also Goes with bread,Aloo tikki and samosa recipe's.It is a Good Spread for Sandwitches.Cilantro helps in digestion, helps settle an upset stomach and prevent flatulence. So for patients who have indigestion problems, coriander works wonders.It helps in lowering blood glucose levels in diabetics.Cilantro also helps to stimulate memory in brain.
Coriander Leaves - 1cup. Tightly packed.
Urad dal - 2 tbsp.
Garlic - 1.
Red chillies - 3 to 4.
Pearl onions - 8.
Tomato - 1.
Coconut - 3 tbsp.
oil - 2 tsp.
Salt - Needed.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Wash the coriander leaves and chop it coarsely.
- Heat the oil, add Garlic when it lightly turns golden brown colour add urad dal and Red chillies.
- When urad dal turns golden brown, Remove everything from kadai and keep it aside.
- In same kadai, add pearl onions, saute till it turns pink, add chopped tomatoes saute till it is mushy.
- Add coriander leaves saute for 1- 2 minutes, till it shrinks.Then switch off the flame.
- Add grated coconut, saute in heat of pan, for few seconds.
- Then grind everything into a smooth paste with needed Water.
- Temper with Mustard seeds.
- Goes well with idli, dosa, rice, samosa and sandwitches.