Red Kidney beans Masala(Rajma gravy) is a good accompaniment for rice,chapathi and roti.It is an traditional Pubjabi recipe.kidney beans is the main component that is used in preparing the mexican dishes.Rajma boosts our energy as it is high in iron content. It contains high amount of iron which is the main source that is required for increasing body metabolism and energy. It also helps in the circulation of oxygen throughout the body.Rajma is a well known fiber rich pulse.Now we learn nutritious and traditional rajma gravy.
Rajma - 3/4 cup.
cinammon stick - 2.
bay leaves - 1.
fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp.
milk - 1/4 cup.
salt - as required.
chilli powder - 1 tsp.
kasthoori methi - 1 tsp.
coriander leaves - 1 tbsp(chopped).
Onion - 1.
Tomato - 2.
coriander seeds - 1+ 1/2 tsp.
ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp.
pepper corns - 1/2 tsp.
cardomom - 1 pod
Take a kadai, add oil, Add chopped onions, then add ginger garlic paste, saute till, onion turns pink,then add chopped tomatoes,coriander seeds,pepper corns, and cardomom , saute till tomatoes turns mushy, then ground this into a smooth paste.
- Soak the Rajma with more water for 12 hours, then rinse it twice , and pressure cook it ,along with bayleaf and cinnamon sticks.
- Pressure cook till rajma, gets the crack in it, so the masala blends well. finally discard bayleaf and cinnamon stick from it.
- (I used blackish red colour rajma, so i cooked for 14 whistles, if you choose red colour one, 6 - 7 whistles are enough)
- Heat the oil, add fennel seeds, when it turns fragrant, add ground paste, add chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, then saute for few minutes, then add cooked rajma with its cooking water, cook it covered for 10 minutes.
- Finally add 1/4 cup of milk, then give a quick sir,add kasthoori methi,by rubbing it against your palms. let it boil for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the flame, then garnish with fresh cilantro. It goes very well with chapathi,rice, roti varieties.
- Pressure cook the rajma, according to its varieties.it is better to choose red colour rajma for easy cooking than black reddish.
|Rajma Masala With Rice|