Kidney Beans sundal(Rajma Sundal) is highly nutritious.It is a Navaratri Guggillu recipe. It contains high amount of iron which is the main source that is required for increasing body metabolism and energy.Rajma is a well known fiber rich pulse.This pulse offers outstanding benefits for brain. It contains high amount of vitamin K which provides essential nutrition for both brain and nervous system. Kidney beans are also a good source of vitamin B, which is essential for brain cells.High magnesium content and fiber in kidney beans is responsible for lowering bad cholesterol levels.
Rajma - 1/2 cup.
coconut - 3 tbsp.
oil - to fry.
salt - to taste.
ginger - 1 inch(grated)
Red chillies - 2 (broken into 2).
curry leaves - few.
Soak the Rajma over night or 10 hours with more water. Then pressure cook it for 6 to 7 whistles, till it becomes soft.(I used red colour rajma so i cooked for 6 to 7 whistles, if it is a dark red colour,cook for 14 whisles).
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal, curry leaves, red chillies.
- When dal's turns golden brown colour, add grated ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Then drain the water completely from rajma and add to it.Add salt.(you can use cooked rajma water for making rasam or charu, and as a vegetable stock).
- Saute for few minutes, till the moisture in Rajma goes off.
- Add grated coconut, and mix well. Remove from the flame.