Peas sundal(Battani sundal) is made with dried green peas and mango.Dried peas, a small but nutritionally mighty member of the legume family, are a very good source of cholesterol-lowering fiber. Not only can dried peas help lower cholesterol, they are also of special benefit in managing blood-sugar disorders since their high fiber content prevents blood sugar levels from rising rapidly after a meal. This Sundal is made during Navaratri occasions.
Dried Green peas - 1/2 cup.
Raw Mango(grated ) - 2 + 1/2 tbsp.
salt - as required.
curry leaves - 6.
Grated coconut - 3 tbsp.
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp.
oil - to fry.
Green chillies - 2.
Ginger - 1/2 inch.
- Soak the Green Peas overnight or 7 - 8 hours, then rinse the water twice and Pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
- Then drain the water, and keep it aside.
To Make a Powder
Add coconut,Green chillies and ginger in a blender or mixie, and grind it into a course powder without adding any water.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add curry leaves, saute it.
- Add cooked Green Peas, add salt, saute well, till it moisture goes.
- Then Add ground paste, Saute for few seconds.
- Then Remove it from the flame, then throw grated Raw Mango and mix well.Now Mamidikaya battani Guggillu is ready.
Peas Sundal - Mamidikaya battani guggillu - Pattani Sundal - Navaratri recipes By Gayathri, Oct 09, 2013 Peas Sundal