Onion Pakodi(pyaz ke Pakode) is a savoury Indian snack made with Gram flour and Onions as Main Ingredients. Pakoras are usually served as snacks or appetizers. Pyaaz fritters(onion pakoda) is an Evening snack. It is very good to have in Rainy season.
Rice flour - 1/2 cup.
besan flour/gram flour - 1 cup.
salt - for taste.
water - to sprinkle.
red chilly powder - 1 tsp.
butter - 1 tsp.
curry leaves - 10.
baking soda - 1 pinch.
- cut the onion length wise and keep it aside .
- Take a mixing bowl add besan flour,rice flour,red chilly powder,onion,curry leaves,Melted butter, baking soda and salt. mix well
- later sprinkle some water to it to prepare a dough, as shown in the picture.
- if it is watery, you won't get good pakoda's , so take care while sprinkling water.
- Heat the oil,when it is hot, Keep the stove in medium flame, then crumble the dough into oil, as you wish in a form of fritters.
- Deep fry it, until it turns golden brown colour.
- when it cools down, store it in a air tight container.
- you can have it as a evening snack, with cup of coffee or tea.