This cauliflower kurma goes very well with chapathi,roti,rice,dosa,poori and batura.This is a traditional korma variety.Cauliflower has multiple health benefits. Cauliflower contains many nutrients, making it an excellent addition to any diet.Cauliflower is a very good source of vitamin C and manganese, which are both powerful antioxidants. Cauliflower also contains vitamins B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine) and B9 (folic acid). It serves as a good source of proteins, phosphorus and potassium.Cauliflower is highly nutritious. Let us prepare simple traditional cauliflower korma.
Cauliflower(medium sized) - 1.
onion (big) - 1
oil - to fry.
salt - to taste.
cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
For making masala paste
Red chillies - 5.
garlic - 4.
cinnamon stick - 1
cloves - 2.
fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp.
coconut -1/4 cup.
dry coriander seeds - 1 tsp.
turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp.
roasted chana dal(chutney dal) - 1 tbsp.
Grind everything into a fine paste by adding little water.
Cut the cauliflower into florets.Wash and soak the florets in hot water with little salt and turmeric for 5 to 7 minutes. Then drain the water and keep the florets aside.
- Heat the oil, add cumin seeds, when it splutters add chopped onions,saute well till it becomes pink.
- Add tomatoes saute well till it becomes mushy.
- Add cauliflower florets and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ground paste with salt and required water according to consistency.
- Allow it boil for few minutes, till cauliflower is cooked and its raw smell goes.(cauliflower should maintain its crunchiness).
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.It serves as a best accomplishment for roti,poori, batura and parotta.
For more side dish visit :side dish for roti chapathi