Semiya Pulihora is made with Vermicelli and lemon juice.It is a Easy bachelor recipe,very handy at busy mornings. The Ayurveda has regarded lemon as a valuable fruit and admired its properties. Lemon is sour, warm, promoter of gastric fire, light, good for vision, pungent and astringent. It checks the excessive flow of bile and cleanses the mouth. It helps in digestion and removes constipation. It prevents vomiting, throat trouble, acidity and rheumatism. It destroys intestinal worms.Lemon-juice is a powerful antibacterial. It has been proved by experiments that the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid and other deadly diseases are destroyed in lemon-juice. It also contains some vitamin A. Now we prepare a tasty lemon vermicilli bhath(lemon semiya).
- If vermicilli is not roasted, dry roast it, till it turns golden brown.if you bought roasted vermicilli just omit this step.
- Heat the oil,add Mustard Seeds when it splutters,add dal's, add curry leaves,green chillies and broken red chillies, roasted peanuts, saute till dals turns golden brown.
- Now add the water,salt,turmeric, and salt, stir well.when water starts boiling add lemon juice, mix well.
- Then add vermicelli(semiya), mix well, cook in a medium flame till vermicilli is cooked and all water in it gets absorbed and comes in the form of upma consistency.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.Serve hot.