Bisi bele bath recipe is an authentic and most popular Recipe from Karnataka Cusine. Bisi bele bath is made with rice,lentils, veggies,tamarind and with some spice powders.Cooked Rice When mixed with veggies,mushy dal and spice powders tastes so delicious.
- Soak the tamarind in 2 cups of Water for few minutes, till it is soft, then squeeze the tamarind, throw the pulp and retain the water .
- cut the veggies into cubes.
- Pressure cook rice with 3 cups of water, for 4 whistles.
- Pressure cook toor dal with 1 cup of water & 1/8 tsp of turmeric for 5 to 6 whistles.
- Cook the veggies in a cooker with little rock salt till it is soft in a cooker for 5 to 6 whisles.
- Heat the oil add Mustard seeds when it splutters, add cinnamon, add pearl onions, add curry leaves, saute well till it turns pink.
- Add Tamarind Extract(with 2 cups of water).
- When the Extract start boiling add spice paste,cooked veggies and salt.Let it boil till raw smell goes.
- Then add cooked rice and mashed toor dal. mix well for few minutes, and mash it with rice, till everything gets incorporated.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.Finally you could add 2 tbsp of ghee, at the top of bisi bele bath, it adds additional taste to it.
- Roast 12(broken cashews) in a tsp of Ghee, and Garnish with it.It adds additional taste to bisibelebath.
- Serve hot, with pappad or chips or onion Raita.
- Finally consistency of bisi bele bath should be little bit loose.When it cools down it automatically becomes thick.